Saturday, March 5, 2011

You are not Anonymous

I went to Stake Conference tonight. I really wasn't going to go. There were so many reasons not to. Let's just say I was strongly encouraged ... from both sides of the veil.

As I walked in, I noticed a friend was sitting on the stand. She was obviously one of the speakers. I chatted with the friend next to me that we were both grateful that we didn't have to speak because it would be too terrifying. Noting that the speaker had a stake calling, I made the statement: That's why it is great to be in Primary ... I am anonymous, and I am totally safe. I don't have to worry about that."

45 minutes into the meeting, the first counselor conducting the meeting stood up and said, "We would like the following people to stand and bear their testimony. I knew that instant my name was on the list. Someone behind me gasped when he read my name. I wanted to crawl out the door, hoping no one would see me.

The other two people had great credentials. One had just finished his mission yesterday. He had served with valiance and honor. He loved the people, and he had a strong desire to serve the Lord. The next woman was recently called as a relief society president in her ward. She was experienced and strong and wise. And then there was me.

I don't remember a lot of what I said. But as I walked off the stand, I heard, "Never forget, you are not anonymous, and you are of value."


.... And you are too.

1 comment:

  1. "and then there was me" (also experienced, strong , and wise). YAY!

    ReplyDelete