Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chess and Wishes

Do you ever feel like you are living a game of chess? Hopefully not. If you do, my heart goes out to you. My emerging life is tender, fragile and lovely, but many times, I feel like it is an ongoing game of chess. I never learned to play chess ... I never really liked it. I didn't want to play it for fun back then, I don't want to continue playing it for the rest of my life now.

Since it is still January, can I make some New Year's Wishes?

1. I wish I could eliminate the game of chess from my life.
2. I wish others valued honor, trust and character as much as I do.
3. I wish love and sacrifice were hallowed words.
4. I wish I had a magic wand.

It all comes down to that principle of "agency." Sometimes I find myself wondering if I really voted for agency. And if I did, did I really know what it would entail? Because many time, I'd prefer to make the decisions for others.

PS. I'm not bitter ... really I'm not. I'm just processing.

1 comment:

  1. If I could wish, I would wish for the wand too and I would change your life in glorious ways. Funny, that I really know God's plan for me--and you--must be better than any plan I could invent on my own. So maybe today--I wouldn't put the wand in my hand. But I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete