Monday, December 13, 2010

Tender Mercies

Miracles happen. Every day.

Some people get the miracle they pray for. That is a miracle. And everyone knows that God heard their prayers.

More often, the miracle is imperceptible to anyone except the recipient. "Tender mercies," really and the scriptures say the purpose of these tender mercies is to strengthen our faith. Perhaps strengthening our faith is an even bigger miracle than healing the sick.

So today I recognize the little miracle -- the tender mercy. A love note from heaven, really. My son bore his testimony and said he was grateful to be "here" in church. If he only knew what it took for that to happen.

Thank you, sweet boy, for being sensitive to the spirit, and using the words the angels whispered in your ears. My faith was strengthened by your specific words.

Those words, your words, tell me we're on the right track. And we'll just keep on going. Those words echoed in my head and in my heart, when the house was too quiet and and too empty. They soothed my heavy heart.

Tonight I know that God heard my prayers, and the fervent prayers of a supportive, and faithful family.

1 comment: