Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To the Mother of the Groom who called me to change the invitation order AFTER the bride had approved everything (And no, the bride did not know that t

Yes, I understand that you really know how to do weddings since this is your 5th wedding now. I'm glad you have so much experience. I'm sure that has come in handy as you planned and prepared for this current wedding. Yes, I completely understand that it is important that things be done right. I think it's important to do things right too.

But just like there are a couple of ways to peel a potato, there are several ways to word a wedding invitation.

I know it is frustrating to you that I won't change the order, since you are of course so knowledgeable. And I know that the customer is always right. But my problem is -- you aren't my customer. The bride is. And she approved it. And her mom paid for it.

And, might I be so bold to offer you a word of advice? If you want to build a good relationship with your daughter-in-law to be, you might not want to go behind her back to change things she picked out and SHE is paying for. It probably won't give her warm fuzzies about you to have you criticizing her for wording on the wedding invitations. This might be something you want to back off on. Or it might not make her want to come to visit...

And just so you know, I've done a few more than five wedding invitations in the 10+ years I've been doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment